The on-line entry for the International Moth UK Nationals is now open. Go to the UK website, www.internationalmoth.co.uk and click the red button for information, including a link to the host club, Stone Sailing Club.
Everything is in place and so it will be a great event. Stone Sailing Club is the premier sailing club on the east coast and, unlike many other areas on the east coast, it has water all day, the tide range leaves a large shingle beach exposed, giving plenty of room for the launching and rigging of moths. The sailing instructions and the notice of race on the website will give you details of the racing.
This year the whole event is geared around providing sailors with a great value for money Nationals and your entry fee includes:
- The club available to use from Monday for practice
- Shower and toilet block open 24 hrs a day for those that are intending to camp.
- Thursday night will be the Commodores Reception Cheese and Wine night.
- Friday evening meal is bangers and mash with apple pie and ice cream for dessert.
- Saturday will be a three course sit down meal class trophy dinner. The meal is a starter of chicken and bacon salad, followed by roast beef and all the trimmings and a dessert of lemon cheese cake followed by prize giving for the annual trophies and series.
Sunday after racing will conclude with the prize giving for the UK.
The entry fee for the first 30 boats is £115 and thereafter is £125 so book early to get an even better deal. Current class members have already received a link for personalised entry with most of their details completed. If you are not a member then please use http://www.internationalmoth.co.uk/about-the-moth/about/ to join the class and receive your personal online entry link.
There is also no charge for camping on the club ground camping field and caravans and motor homes are welcome to stay in the car park (please see club rep for allocation).